Board Directors are elected to serve a four-year term and perform the duties of the office of Director of South Adams County Water and Sanitation District including exercising the utmost good faith, business sense, and astuteness on behalf of the District.
Each of the District’s five Board Members serve four-year, over-lapping terms, meaning that every two years either three members or two members are elected to the Board. All Board Members are term limited and can only serve two consecutive four-year terms.
Elections are held on the first Tuesday (after the first Monday) in May of even years. Eligible candidates for the Board and eligible electors are defined as follows:
- An eligible elector is a person who, at the designated time and event is registered to vote in Colorado, and
- Who has been a resident of the special district or the area to be included in the special district for not less than thirty days; or
- Who, or whose spouse, owns taxable real or personal property situated within the boundaries of the special district or the area to be included in the special district, whether the person resides in the district or not.
- A person who is obligated to pay taxes under a contract to purchase taxable property situated within the boundaries of the special district or the area to be included within the special district shall be considered an owner.
- For all elections that require ownership of real property or land, a mobile home or a manufactured home shall be deemed sufficient to qualify as ownership of real property or land for the purposes of voting.
- A partnership, corporation or trust is not a “person” and therefore a person owning property through such a legal entity is not eligible to vote. C.R.S. § 32-1-103(5) or 1-1-104(16)